Friday 20 February 2015

Skater Skirts and Collared Shirts| Look Lust

At the beginning of the year I told you how I wanted to discover my own style and fashion sense.. Somewhat. To start to do this I made a "Fashion Inspiration" board of my pinterest. And I freaking love that board. 

Anywho, I recently discovered that a lot of the outfits I were pinning consisted of ether skater skirts or collared skirts, or both. I don't know if this is a trend but I'm in love with the combination. 

I own a few collared skirts (which I used to leave unbuttoned in favour of the grunge look but now opt to button them up) but I don't own any skater shirts.. or any shoes to match (most of the shoes that match are heels and I; a) can't walk in heels TO SAVE MY LIFE and b) I'm 5ft 7" already and don't want to feel anymore like a dinosaur) 

I think the reason I love this look so much is that it's so versatile. You can dress it up it a pair of heels and some jewellery or down with a pair of combat boots and maybe a jumper. I think ether look is still very femine and put together and well looks like you made an effort to look decent ;)

All light colours make the outfit look so pretty and feminine as well as quite sophisticated :)





 This look is so perfect for a holiday or a day out. The sleeves rolled up take a bit of the sophisticatedness away and replaces it with more of a "lets go on an adventure look" They also both kind of remind me of the smart "pretty" girl in shows, like Lydia form teen wolf, this is her kind of fashion.



 Ghar! It just looks so fresh and cool aha!  Now picture backpack straps and this will be me going to school in summer!




The sheer black tights and black heels makes her legs look stunning! and the jumper matching the colours in the floral skirt really ties everything in. This would be an idea choice for a meal or night out, especially if you don't know whether to to go full out with a dress and heels or more casual. This is somewhere in between.

 SO, my plan of action for how I, and you if you wish, can achieve this look is the following:

1.) GET A SKATER SKIRT 
I found Teens Black High Waisted Skater Skirt ( £9.99 ) online at Newlook which is fine because I still fit into the kid/teen section as I'm only 16 and fairly slim but I'm pretty sure they have an adult version if you've got more of a figure then me :)  

2.) GET A/SOME COLLARED SHIRTS
I've been scrolling the interwebs for like 15 minutes and I can't find one that I particularly like but I'm pretty sure most shops sell them and I can tell I'll have to see it in real life and try it on to see if I like it.

3.) GET SOME NON-DINOSAUR-LOOK-MAKING SHOES THAT MATCH
Some military boots would be ideal and even some white converse for when its warmer and I don't have to wear like three pairs of tights. I found these which are really nice and pocket friendly.

4.) GET A JUMPER TO THROW OVER THE TOP BECAUSE IT'S COLD IN THE UK
 Again pretty much every clothes shop sells them.




Here's a drawing I made to try and feed my lust for this style :) (hand drawn and the coloured on procreate for ipad, you can check it out on my instagram if you want ;) )

Okay that's all for today, 
 Thanks for reading!
Hope you enjoyed ^.^
What do you think of this style? would you wear it?
Have a super fantastic day!
CYA!

-Alice :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment