Saturday 25 July 2015

Wonder Day: Saturday: A Bit Of A Catch Up

Long time no blog so I thought we'd have a caught up, so pop the kettle on and prepare yourself for a brain explosion ;) 

Uni Fair

  • Year 12 (that would include yours truly) when on a trip to Hull university for an open day type of thing and a Uni fair. I'm not going to lie, it sounded pretty boring and I thought it was pretty useless to me as I'm not entirely sure I'm going to uni in favour of going to a police training school. Also finding a Uni that has a Policing course is like trying to find a black cat in a coal cellar. The struggles are real. Anywho, as I was walking around the fair I was pretty convinced that the Navy stand would be the only one to hold and interest or usefulness as that's plan B. oh I was wrong. I was the wonderful and best kind of wrong. After my friends had finished talking to this women at the Canterbury table the women asked me what I wanted to do, which first off made me jump because I'd been day dreaming and wasn't prepared for human interaction. I lazily told her I wanted to be a police officer and she just went "yes we do that" and pointed to the board behind her where it said "policing". My face light up to say the least. The more I found out about it, the happier got! It's a medieval city (I'm obsessed with knights and swords and stuff), It's a beautiful location, it's far away (adventure is out there!), it has a boxing gym, an of course it does my course!! woo hoo! When school starts again in September my big sister said she'd take me down to see it as she lives in London, it can't wait! :)

Tv, Books & Media

  • Game of Thrones season 5 has been and gone and it was fabulous as always but the day after episode 10 I cried at school in my law lesson (you'll know why if you've seen it) and it was embarrassing and my bestfriend couldn't stop laughing at me haha.
  • Teen wolf season five has started and I'm yet to catch up as there are 4 or 5 episodes out and I've only watched 2.. so yeah. It seems good so far although I'm struggling to remember some stuff from the previous seasons but boy I've missed it!
  • I also recently got Netflix which I'm now obsessed with and I'm currently on season 3 of Orange is the new black which I'm also enjoying.
  • Currently reading: Heir of Fire, Pawn of prophecy and Off to Neverland
  • Instagram- I'm getting back into drawing more and instagram more, both my art account and personal.  One of my art goals this year was to be more creative and not just replicate a picture and I think I'm finally starting to do that and I have a lot of original ideas that I just need to find time to create :)
  • I've also become a little obsessed with an app called depop which is like ebay in instagram form but I'll talk more about that in a later post.

School and work

  • I've broken up from school now for 7 whole weeks but I still need to finish my law course work... oops. Also I'm most likely going to working just about everyday thought the holiday so it's not really going to be much of a holiday which sucks but at least I'll be rich.. until winter that is haha.

Clubs

  • Boxing-  I've been enjoying boxing a lot more lately and finally decided that i do want to fight competitively but I have to wait to get my braces off :( I've bee putting thought and time into my fitness and I do believe I'm improving :) I also starting dating one of the boxers there which I never thought would happen but he;'s super great and I'm super happy :D Any who, I think I might do a "what's in my gym bag" and "workout inspiration/ tips and advice" kind of posts soon. 
  •  Sea Cadets- Unfortunately the Navy section in CCF shut down at my school so I had to move into the army section which is all good and dandy but it isn't me. I'm Navy to the bones so when I was told that Ma'am was reopening the Navy section in town but as a sea cadets unit I was the first to sign up, literally! I really love it too, it's even better then the Navvy section used to be because we're not ran by school so we get to do a lot more like sailing an stuff. We are also joint to another cadet unit who we go sailing with an everyone there is so nice and involve us as if we'd known each other forever, it's great! 

 Room

  • I finally painted my room with help from my mum and I'm starting to fix it you so stay tuned for Room posts!

 Fashion

  • Last thing, at the beginning of the year I said I wanted to discover my fashion style and myself in general and I'm happy to say I've done that or at least more so. Again I'll probably do a separate post on this.  
 Okay well I started writing this donkeys years ago and just got around to finishing it! It wasn't as long as I thought It'd be either. I've really missed blogging but I'm getting back into it, I just need more hours in the day and less work!

Whale, that's all for now,
Thank for reading and I hope you enjoyed ^,^
Have a super fantastic day!
CYA!

- Alice :) xx


4 comments:

  1. Awesome abut the policing thing! and so lovely to see how happy you are right now x
    ~basicallychloe xx
    Don't forget to smile! :) ~ x
    www.basicallychloeblog.blogspot.com ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much I'm really t be really happy too haha :) xx

      Delete
  2. I'm in year 12 too and apply for uni is stressing me out haha. It's great you found the policing course!! And I can't wait to see your room posts! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your struggles, I just don't want to grow up 😅 what courses are you looking at? And I'm working on my room this summer holiday so I should be able to post some pictures soon! :) xx

      Delete