Wednesday 4 March 2015

February Favourites



Well there goes another one. Another month been and gone and we're in March.. already?! I haven't really done much this month but.. here's some of my favourite things from February :)

Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer 
I don't know what I can say about this other then it does it's job an it does it well! It's quite a thick/creamy consistency, making it a decent coverage but it also blends seamlessly and isn't obvious and is far from "cakey". I'm pretty sure it's only like three pounds as well so it is SO worth every penny and more, it's brilliant.
 
Batiste XXL Volume Dry Shampoo
In my opinion dry shampoo is a must when it comes to hair. It's saved me from one too many bad hair days whether that be yucky greasy hair or freshly washed hair where it's all slippery and flat and makes me want to cry.  Batiste is famous for their dry shampoos and it's so far my favourite brand for it, so when I saw they had an "XXL Volume" I automatically picked it up! having natural flat/straight hair and a "messy haircut" it was inevitable. I'm really pleased with it so far, it really does give my hair volume and a great, slip-less texture :) 

My Penny Board 
I've been loving going penny boarding down on the seafront now that is getting warmer less icy/rainy. I don't claim to be some expert skater (or pennier? haha) but I love just cruising along on it with the wind in my hair, the sounds of the sea and the thrill of going faster. I don't know, I just love it :D
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
I'm not going to say too much about this because I'm planning a book review for it where I'll go into detail. What I will let you know, is this is probably one of my favourite book. It's weirdly the first fantasy book I've read since I'm so obsessed with fantasy, well the first YA fantasy book I've read that is. It's got parts of it that remind me of; Game of Thrones, Harry Potter (goblet of fire), Divergent, The Hunger Games, as well as being so unique itself. I'd recommend doing what I did and go in not knowing what it's about and I certainly recommend it full stop. JUST READ IT SO WE CAN FANGIRL TOGETHER! OKAY? OKAY.

My Glittery "A" 
In spirit of redoing my room soon, I decided to start making some things to go in it. Starting with the "A" I made. All it is paper mache letter painted white and covered in glitter so it's not really a diy but I was a helluva lot cheaper then buying one like this. I adore glitter and A is for Alice.. which is my name so it's personal and looks just stunning in my room. This will be part of a frame wall when I redecorate :)

My Duck Notebook
(I realise whilst writing these how much I stuck at describing things and explaining why they're my favourite.. so sorry about that.. haha) Whale, if you didn't know (of course you didn't!) my favourite animals are ducks, (although I'm also fond of hedgehogs) in fact, for half of year 11 I walked around school with a duck bag.. [you can see a picture on my art instagram linked below] and it was freaking awesome! such a shame it broke :'( Anywho, I'm also kind of obsessed with notebooks for reasons I can't explain, and when I saw a DUCK NOTEBOOK in The Works I was like "yeah.. well that's going to belong to me.." and bought it.
Taylor Swift
At the beginning of February I bought the 1989 album and.. it spiralled from there. I got my hair cut short and it accidentally makes my kind of look like her (or so I've been told a lot) what's funny is that I already wear red lipstick all the time so you can imagine how that helped with the resemblance. I've always kind of like her music but after this album I REALLY like her music and shake it off is HANDS DOWN my favourite song on it and at the moment entirely. It's so catchy and great to dance to. What can I say, it's my jam ;)

So, there's a fairly short post of some of the things I've been really enjoying lately..

 Thanks for reading!
Hope you enjoyed ^.^
What are your favourite things?
Have a super fantastic day!
CYA!

-Alice :) xx




4 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Head over to my post https://anoceanofdisarray.wordpress.com/2015/03/05/liebster-award/ to find out how to accept it. Can't wait to see your answers!
    Kate (An Ocean of Disarray)

    -By the way, Taylor Swift is my favourite and 1989 is the best album ;) -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to get a Penny Board! It looks like so much fun!
    Peace xo
    www.waitwhatok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I watched funforlouis for months, watching all his penny board adventures and last summer I finally gave in and saved my summer job money and bought one. It was the best day ever! :D - Alice :) xx

      Delete